Friday, October 22, 2010

Eggs.

Okay, so, Claire and I googled ways to design the best container for an egg to rest in while being dropped out the window all the while not breaking. I read something about a Pringles can, but we didn't have one of those. Then, while doing our research for the library thingy, Mike tells Christina and me that he plans on using balloons. My roommate has balloons. Basically, Claire and I thought that that was a sweet/cute idea. And, in much honesty, ours was pretty much adorable. We found the box in the recycling and the tape was Claire's. Long story short, whether or not positioning is to blame, the egg broke first try. NBD.
Mostly we tried to use air as our buffer. Air in the balloons and air in the bubble wrap. In that respect, we used very few materials and our container (it's named The Funk) was relatively small. I thought it was pretty funny that the three boys froze their egg! And Christina and Olivia's parachute worked out way better than most home-made parachutes.
In all fairness, we could've improved our design. The landing was a bit off. We wanted to weight the bottom in order to make sure if fell appropriately. Another part I questioned was the bubble wrap. i thought that maybe it was a bit firm. We wrapped the egg very tightly in the container and that could have been a lot of pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment